Friday, November 6, 2015

Birthday Interview: Five Years Old

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are Addy's responses to the annual birthday interview. (Note to self: conduct the interview BEFORE any presents are opened, as there is a recency effect wherein any new toys find their way into as many answers as possible).
  1. My favorite color is: Blue
  2. My favorite book is: The Frozen book from Nana & Papa
  3. My favorite food is: Chocolate Chip Cookies
  4. My favorite movie is: The Little Mermaid
  5. My favorite TV show is: Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
  6. My favorite toy is: The Ariel doll
  7. My favorite stuffed animal is: The puppy from the carnival
  8. My favorite song is: Uptown Funk You Up
  9. My favorite thing to wear is: This (pointing to her outfit)
  10. My favorite memory is: When I was a baby
  11. My favorite activity is: Playing chase
  12. My favorite place to go is: Disneyland
  13. My best friend is: Lilah
  14. When I grow up, I want to be: A police
  15. I am really good at: Puzzles
  16. I like it when mom: Kisses me
  17. I like it when dad: Gives me a hug
  18. I am beautiful because: I have blue eyes
  19. I like to learn about: Fires
  20. I get frustrated when: Somebody hits me
For the third year running. blue is still her favorite color and Lilah is still her best friend! 

By stating her favorite TV show is Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, I think she's forgetting that Goosebumps, Sophia the First, Little Princess, and Zig & Sharko get far more screen time than Daniel! 

For the record, she has not even been to Disneyland, yet she knows that it would be her favorite place to go. I just asked her this again while drafting the post, and she named off places as follows: "Pump It Up...no, apple picking. No, something more fun: the baby place. No, it's SCHOOL! No, no it's not. It's Pump It Up. For real."

She has been stuck on wanting to be a police officer for a while. I love the innocence in that answer; she sees a police officer only as someone who has the job of helping people. She is unaware of the danger they put themselves in to carry out that job; she is unaware of the misguided attack on police happening across the country; she is unaware of the horrible things she would encounter in the line of duty. She simply wants to help people when she gets older. 

It just occurred to me, I think it would have been a neat idea to give myself my own interview on her birthdays, with prompts such as I get frustrated when Addy... or My favorite activity with Addy is... or When Addy grows up, she will be a/an... 

I'm suddenly very mad I didn't think of this two years ago.  


2 comments:


  1. My name is Mrs. Lucinda Gregory. I live in Spain
    and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him,he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a
    loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Lucinda Gregory that refer you to him. contact Mr. Abdallah
    via email:(Abdallah.afandi@financier.com)

    ReplyDelete

  2. My name is Mrs. Lucinda Gregory. I live in Spain
    and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him,he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a
    loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Lucinda Gregory that refer you to him. contact Mr. Abdallah
    via email:(Abdallah.afandi@financier.com)

    ReplyDelete