Sunday, July 5, 2015

Look, they match!

When you are four years old and battling a double ear infection (which I happen to think was a secondary condition caused by strep throat)...


...you get to eat popsicles for breakfast! On the couch! 

 
Because nothing beats a popsicle for breakfast when you have zero appetite for food. What she doesn't know is that mommy snuck in some nutrition when she made these popsicles! Here's the recipe:

BERRY CHIA POPSICLES

1 container strawberries
6 oz blueberries 
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp agave nectar (or more to taste)
Fresh mint, a few sprigs

Blend all of the above in a food processer (I used my Nutri Ninja). Fill popsicle molds and freeze overnight.

I used 4 sprigs of mint, each about 3"-4" long. If I make these again, I'd probably put half of that in. 

Not only are these Addy-approved, but she was very amused that they match the current state of the dog leash burns on her ankles:


Here's to hoping the amoxicillin will win the battle going on in her body soon, so she can get back to summertime fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment