Thursday, December 11, 2014

My Annual November Recap Post

Boy the first 11 days of December sure have flown by! We have had plenty going on to keep us busy! This must be a normal thing for me during November and December, because each of the past two years, I have blogged sparingly during that time, only to blog a catch-up post to cover everything I havent had time to write about! So here is my 2014 version of the recap:

Some good news - our house sold back in October after only 12 days on the market, and we finally closed on it two days ago!


I miss the house, I really do. It's sad to think of another young couple living there, possibly starting their family there. That house is filled with so many memories - Addy's first steps, our first house together, where Matt proposed. Big life events, all wrapped up in that house. I miss that, and I miss what we made of the house. But I will not miss all the surprises lurking under the floors, behind the walls, in the ground. That house was unpredictable, and I'm just not built for handling that! It's comforting living in a newer home now, where we know exactly what is original in the house and what has been changed, and by whom. It feels good, and it feels right for us. 

And we are building new memories here too, like that time in early November when Matt got punched in the face at the bar. 


Yup, it really happened. He got punched. It was completely unwarranted and cowardly - a suckerpunch when Matt wasn't even looking. All because he didn't want these guys from Alabama changing the OSU game to the Alabama game, and he later asked these same guys to get out from behind the bar and leave the bartender they were harassing alone. The punch broke his eye socket in three places, and he ended up needing surgery to put a metal plate in to fuse the bones together. 


His face is back to normal now, and he had the staples in his head removed today. The bar's insurance company has tracked down the guy who punched him, so we will see what happens going forward.

Also in early November, I finished decorating the travel-themed guest bedroom in the basement, just in time for some out of town guests! 



I was happy to incorporate the framed black & white photos I took during my trip to Europe in 2005, as well as some London themed gifts from my bestie (the awesome bag and the phone booth & post box on the shelf). I was also excited to put my Pink Zebra Phone Booth shade to use!



Which brings me to my next point...In late October, I signed up to be an Independent Consultant for Pink Zebra - a direct sales company offering the newest and most unique home fragrance products. 


It kind of goes against my Introvert personality, but I am enjoying having something to do with my brain! I love the products and I love introducing them to others. Insert shameless plug for my business:
     www.sprinklefever.com
     www.pinkzebrahome.com/sprinklefeverohio

And lastly, although chronoligically it should have come first, are some long overdue pics from Halloween! Addy wanted to dress up as Elsa (shocker!), but the costume being gifted to her by a friend as an early birthday present did not arrive in time for our first Halloween event - Boo at the Zoo. So I set out to Target to get a last minute costume, only, the costumes and accessories were all BOGO Free that day. So we came home with two costumes!

First up for Boo at the Zoo with her bestie Lilah: Supergirl!

This adorable costume was a great value with
all of the accessories included: boots, belt, cape,
and colored fingernail decals!

I can barely handle the cuteness of these
two girls together. 
Next up for Trick-or-Treating in Lilah's neighborhood: Elsa!

Dress compliments of Alyssa and family,
hat compliments of Aunt Steph.
Last but not least, my absolute favorite in the history of costumes: Dorothy!

And Toto in a basket! Too much!!!!!
So October and November went by really fast, and since December hit, we have been preparing for Christmas. More posts on that to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment