Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Season Greetings!

Hello from Addy, currently celebrating Cold & Flu season! 


This is what happens when a rambunctious three year old gets less than two hours of sleep at night because her nose is blocked solid. Asleep on the couch, during daylight, by herself. It lasted less than 20 minutes.

The night following this, her and I ended up sleeping together on the couch, with her body propped up against mine. And before dinner, she fell asleep on me for a few minutes while she was listening to music on her tablet. She fell asleep to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. It might be a little bit selfish of me, but I love the cuddle time I get when Addy is sick. It makes the lack of sleep completely worth it.

Since being sick made Addy more calm than usual yesterday, I thought I'd take the opportunity to see if I could get her to focus on a sit-down activity:


I found this Leapfrog double-sided dry erase mat at the Target One Spot for, you guessed it, $1. What a great find! This was the very first time Addy has truly sat down and tried to trace letters with a writing utensil. She's done some tracing apps on the tablet, but that's the extent of it. I think she did pretty well for her first time! She really liked this mat, and was very excited to show it to daddy when she saw him next. The Target store in Fairlawn had a great selection of various Leapfrog learning tools like this, from flash cards to small workbooks, covering letters, numbers, math, shapes, and colors. I picked up everything pertaining to letters and numbers for Pre-K through 1st Grade. I plan on giving her the rest of them for Valentine's Day, though I may give her the numbers dry erase mat earlier. 

Being sick sucks, and being responsible for a sick child sucks sometimes too. At least this time around, I got some cherished cuddle time, and Addy got some valuable focused skill development time. 

Addy is sleeping right now, going on 11 hours with just one short awake session at 3am to blow her nose. Let's hope the much needed rest has her feeling better today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment