Saturday, December 21, 2013

Recent Happenings

I haven't been very diligent with blogging lately, as is usual for me the final two months of the year. My to-do list scribbled on the kitchen dry erase board includes three specific blog posts I had planned on writing, and it's not all inclusive; there are a few more topics floating around in my head that never made it to the list. Once I get that far behind, the task is too daunting. So here is a round-up of what's been going on in our corner of the world:

A new bed!

Sure looks cozy!

Addy still sleeps in her crib at home, but she has successfully slept outside of a crib at Grandpa & Grammy's house, and now also Aunt Steph's house. For her most recent sleepover with Grandpa & Grammy, they surprised Addy with a new bed all her own! She loves it and she slept great. Still vehemently refuses her big girl bed at home though...

Phone convo with Daddy:

Adorable. Hilarious. She makes me laugh.


The Sound Game:

I had an idea to round up old play-doh containers and fill them with random contents to create a sound distinguishing game for Addy. She thought it was pretty neat. She was really good at it too. 


Christmas Tree Showcase (late November):

Aunt Steph was on vacation the week of Thanksgiving, so we spent some time with her at this beautiful annual fundraising event in downtown Akron. The convention center is filled with gorgeously decorated Christmas trees, which are sold off to raise money for Akron Children's Hospital. Addy wasn't too interested, but I could have spent all day admiring the trees.

Addy and Aunt Steph

Awesome display representing my favorite Christmas movie

The best tree there, hands down. Constructed completely of books.
The owl is just the icing on the cake.

I thought this was a clever idea

Caught in the act:

Addy and I have been invaded with the typical cold & flu season germs and stomach bug a few times back and forth. Apparently, one day when we were both sick and lounging on the couch, Addy was taking self-portraits while I dozed off.

Sleeping momma, sneaky kid

Indoor activities:

Because we've been germy, and because it's cold and dreary outside on most days, we've been spending a lot of time cooped up in the house. But don't fear, we still make the best of it!

Painting is always a good option

The best use of masking tape and hardwood floors!

For Christmas dinner with Grandma and family, we made these Santa
hat placecards to put at each guest's seat. Aren't they cute? Addy
put all the cotton balls on and did a fabulous job.


My little kitchen helper putting sprinkles on some Chrsitmas cookies
(don't worry, we weren't sick this day!)
Visiting Santa:

This morning we went to a Breakfast with Santa event at Maize Valley Winery in Hartville. It was a really nice event with good food, a pleasant atmosphere, cookie decorating and a very nice Santa Claus. This was Addy's reaction when he first entered the room:

After we ate, we got in line to meet Santa. Addy was giggly and excited all through waiting, but as soon as it was her turn, she became scared and wouldn't go near him

Blurry Addy, moving away from Santa

She did get this cute reindeer headband though...

One second later..."NO! Don't take my picture!"

Even though she didn't talk to the big guy, she still had a blast. I told her that I talked to Santa for her to make sure he knew what she wanted (a Snoopy stuffed  animal). 

So I guess that brings us current (with the exception of a couple Christmas events that will have their own posts). Christmas is just four days away, and I'm more excited than ever before to share it with this beautiful family of mine. (-: 




1 comment:

  1. I love the video of her first glimpse of Santa, and I actually love the blurry shot of her running away from him too. You totally captured both facets of her Santa experience! Oh and the selfie she took when you were sleeping is fantastic! I love finding those little surprises!

    ReplyDelete