Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Poop! She pooped in the potty!

I was downstairs shaving my legs in preparation of playing in water later this afternoon, while Addy was upstairs in her bedroom reading books. Mid-shave, I hear, "I pooped! Mommy, I pooped. Right here! Looooooook!" I dried off my legs and hurried upstairs, fully expecting a steamy pile of poop in the middle of her floor. And there she was, pointing proudly at her potty, with a huge grin on her face. 

Never in a million years could I have guessed that such a moment could make me swell with pride and joy!  

This child-led potty learning has been a total breeze so far. Throughout the day as I do diaper changes, I give her the choice of putting on a new diaper or staying naked. If she's naked and needs to pee, she tells me. I then ask her if she'd like to put on a diaper to pee in, or go in the potty. For the past couple weeks, she's mostly been going in the potty. And now, poop! Yay! 

I'm guessing we are still a ways off from using a potty outside of our house, and from being free of diapers, and that's perfectly fine with me. So far, this potty learning thing has been completely stress free for all of us, and as long as we let her maintain complete control over it, I think it will stay that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment