Friday, January 4, 2013

Snow Play!

Addy finally got to enjoy her first time playing in the snow! She's been watching lots of cartoons and movies lately about Christmas, and snow, and playing in the snow, and building snowmen, etc. Right after Christmas, we had a good amount of snowfall, and for the few days following, Addy requested to play in the snow and build a snowman every time she caught sight of the fluffy white stuff.

I figured what would happen is I'd spend 20 minutes bundling us up, only to have her whining to go back inside after 5 minutes. But, I was dead wrong. She. Freaking. Loved. It. All of it. She giggled non-stop. She trotted through the yard, made snowballs, threw snow all over daddy, and eventually discovered that snow tasted pretty yummy.



Oh, and we also built a pretty spectacular snowman, thanks to the really cool snowman kit Addy got from Grandma for Christmas!





Okay, I'll admit it...I had a blast playing with her in the snow. I'm actually looking forward to the temperatures rising just a little so we can go play again!

Now watch the following video. It's my submission for applying for the "Mother of the Year" award. I think I'll win.

No comments:

Post a Comment