Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Addy is TWO!

It is so hard to believe that my baby girl is two years old. Two years ago, my life changed foever. Two years ago, I was introduced to the tiny being that makes every single day have meaning. Two years ago, they laid her on my chest, and I thought, "What the hell am I supposed to do with this thing!" I'm still figuring that out one day at a time, but I think I'm doing an alright job at mommyhood so far.

We celebrated Addy's birthday on Saturday at our house, with our closest friends and family. As per my usual self, I went overboard with the party planning (I may or may not have some sort of addiction to carrying out a party theme). The theme this year was Barnyard Animals. Why? Because Addy loves animals, and the animal she talks about the most is the cow. And now I will teach you all how to obsess yourself with carrying out a party theme...

Step 1: Set the theme


Step 2: Plan the Menu and use themed food markers
 
Pigs in a blanket, pulled pork,
veggie patch, and straw
(chicken fries for the kids)

Farm fresh eggs

Personalized candies
 Step 3: Decorate accordingly
Barn door and hay props provided as a cute photo opportunity
BUT? The only picture taken at the props was of me and my
sister being goofy. Great picture! Waste of awesome props.
Nearly all decor came from Shindigz.

Step 4:  Have awesome friends/family that buy gifts that fit the theme

Perfect card from Grandma!
Addy's friend Lilah got her a farm animal See n Say
and the farm animal book that is behind her!

Step 5: Create a bad-ass cake display

Barn scenery created by yours truly; all of it
is edible. I'm pretty darn proud of it.
Farm animal cupcakes provided by
Any Way You Ice It. She did our wedding
cake. She's phenomenal.

Finished product!

So yes, I go a little overboard! After preparing for this party, I vowed to keep it simple next year - sheet pizzas and chips! But knowing me, she'll be all into princesses or something, and I will feel the need to represent. We shall see.

We all had a blast at the party. Addy didn't last too long opening her presents before diverting her attention elsewhere, but as she helped open each present, she would exclaim, "Birthday!" Here's a few of my favorite shots from opening gifts.

She couldn't wait to tear into the bath
crayons from Grandma!

She immediately investigated all the bells and
whistles on her new play kitchen from
Grandpa and Grammy! (all the other kids
joined her shortly after!)

She wasted no time jamming on her new
guitar from Benji and Sarah!

And this is my absolute most favorite picture of the day, maybe even EVER, taken by my friend Stacey:


Thank you to all of our friends and family that joined us in celebrating this darling's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment