I got the table and four chairs (cuz we love playdates!) in the black/brown color. With a total price tag of $120, it was double what I was hoping for pay for a nice set, but after six months of searching, I gave in. It's the shape, size, and color I was hoping for. I just hope it stands up to at least a few years of toddler abuse!
Being the brilliant mom I am, I decided to try to put the table together while Addy was all up in my business. You'd think that would have backfired on me, but she actually was being very agreeable and was carrying pieces over to me saying, "Mommy help you!" She even got down and dirty with me:
And here's the finished product (2 of the chairs still need assembled). She totally loves it! She gets the hugest smile on her face every time she climbs in the chair. It's a smile that says, "For me? You think I'm special enough to have furniture made just for my size?!?!? You are the best mom in the whole world!!!" I love that smile.
|Don't mind that duct-taped register vent in the|
background. That's part of the playroom makeover
yet to be completed. We've been enjoying the duct
tape solution for nearly a year now. We are classy.
So, part 1 of the makeover is complete. Still on the list:
- Hang curtain rod and curtains on window
- Fix register vent
- Steal fabulous idea from Pinterest for seating and storage
- Make bench cushions
- Buy Expedite bookcases from IKEA (they were out of stock on our visit!)
- Find and buy bins to put in the bookcase to hold all the toys
- Stand back and stare in awe at the fruits of my domesticated labor (hopefully)
- Cry repeatedly while trying to steal fabulous Pinterest idea (most likely)
- Hang Addy's artwork display (a little sparse right now, but we have years to fill it up...)
- Move toybox to Addy's bedroom, throw away torn loveseat
- Paint a chalkboard wall, maybe
- Remove the french doors that close off the playroom from the living room
I will be a busy girl! I'd love for the room to be completed in time for Addy's 2nd birthday party happening in less than one month, but I'm thinking it probably wont be. Those benches are a big thing for me to tackle. I am excited to see the end result though! Wish me luck!