Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pinterest Attempt #2: Bacon Wrapped Chicken


Pinterest original source: Diary of a Recipe Addict

This meal is going in the books as the best meal I've ever cooked! It was phenom.en.al. Matt puts salt and pepper on EVERYTHING, but this was the very first time he ate something I cooked without needing to sprinkle it on. That right there is about the best compliment I can get!

But wait, there's more! This recipe is also ridiculously easy. All of you, I insist, you must make this dish tonight. Your family will thank you for it.

Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken

3 chicken breasts, sliced lenghthwise into 3-4 strips each
Bacon, regular sliced
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
Brown Sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together spices (not the sugar) and roll the chicken pieces in the mixture. Wrap one slice of bacon around each chicken piece. Coat the bacon wrapped chicken in brown sugar. Place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until bacon is somewhat crispy. Done!

For the spices, I just poured a small amount out without measuring, but I estimate I used 1/2 tsp each of chili powder and garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. After rolling the chicken in the spices, I put the remainder in with the brown sugar.

Seriously, go make this chicken. You're gonna love it! Pinterest Attempt #2: Success!

2 comments:

  1. Update: I made this a second time, but measured. We like spices, so I used 1 tablespoon each of chili powder and garlic powder, then 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. My 3 chicken breasts used all of the spice mixture. It was even better than the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally made this tonight and OMG SO GOOD! I can't believe something so easy could be so delicious.

    ReplyDelete