Thursday, September 22, 2011

I am (super) woman, hear me roar

Today has been one of those days when everything aligns and I'm able to do something more than entertain a whiny baby - mostly because aforementioned whiny baby was rather self-sufficient this morning, and let me do, well, whatever I wanted to. So here's what I did (all before noon!):

  • Loaded and ran the dishwasher
  • Washed AND put away Addy's laundry (there's usually about a three day gap between these tasks)
  • Swept and mopped the kitchen floor
  • Swiffered and mopped the dining room (I even moved everything out of the room, including the table!)
  • Assembled a bar stool
  • Assembled a highchair (After watching me do it, if Addy's first word isn't 'fuck', I'll be surprised)
  • Took a shower (on most days, even that doesn't happen before noon)
  • Caulked the dining room windows
  • Wiped down the upstairs bathroom fixtures
  • Painted most of the asbestos tape in the basement (this has to be done before the air ducts get cleaned tomorrow, otherwise nasty asbestos will be vibrated into our airflow, and that is unacceptable for my little baby's lungs)
  • Came face to face with a rather large toad. He looked like a bully. I left the room.
Yes, friends, today I feel like Superwoman. And might I add, Addison only took a 30 minute nap, and I still managed to do all this. What a great, fulfilling day!

No comments:

Post a Comment