Thursday, September 8, 2011

G is for...

GENEROUS FRIENDS

In the 10 years I have worked for The Home Depot, I've built relationships with lots of different people. I've met many people that I would call acquaintances, I have a group of people that I talk to on a regular basis when at work, and I've even met who I would consider to be my best girlfriend at this stage of my life. All in all, The Home Depot has given me an extended family - people that I enjoy interacting with and hope to keep in contact with as the years go by.

It wasn't until I was pregnant that I realized just how awesome this extended family is and just how much they care about me as well. About a month before Addy was born, a small group of women threw a baby shower for me, with about 15 guests from work. These ladies did it all, from the invitations to the food and games - and it was a wonderful party. I felt so honored and blessed to have my work family spending their time and energy to make me feel special. And it doesn't stop there. All in all, 29 coworkers pitched in to surprise me with a crapload of gifts. No seriously, a CRAPLOAD. In addition to tons of diapers and clothes, a noise machine, a bathtub kneeler, a co-sleeper baby bed, the Baby Einstein activity jumper, and more and more and more, they also gifted me the wonderful rocking chair shown below, which was part of Addy's bedroom furniture ensemble. They had it set up in the room as if it were just another chair for a guest, and I was totally surprised!
 
Opening the activity jumper, sitting in the most
wonderful rocking chair


And here are some other random pics of the party...

Delicious cake - the bottom of the booties
have lines to write the baby's birth stats

Funniest party moment ever: Opening a box containing
three condoms, with a card that says "Wrap it up, yo!"

Playing "Guess how big her belly is". Kevin guessed
almost exactly right!
 
My bestie hand made matching hats for me and baby!
  
My bestie - a great coworker and the most generous friend
I've ever had. She's responsible for most of the toys Addy
 plays with, for numerous baby gadgets that help me cope,
and for always being there when a friend is needed.


2 comments:

  1. Aw, shucks. *smiles sheepishly and blushes/eyes water*

    PS. "Bestie" makes me think of Big Bang Theory, because Amy Farrah Fowler calls Penny that. (Except that you & I are each a mixture of those two characters, since both of us are totally hot AND totally brilliant, of course.)

    PPS. Also, EFF that lady from 2 posts ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, we're both TOTALLY hot and brilliant! Hahahahahaha! Actually, you're a more interesting and better looking Amy Farrah Fowler, and I'm an ugly Penny. That might be a little more accurate.

    ReplyDelete