Tuesday, August 23, 2011

F is for...

FREAKING OUT

Today is August 23rd, the day we were supposed to close on our house. But today? We don't even have loan approval yet. There's no telling when we're going to get loan approval, which means there is no telling what day we will actually close. That means that I can't hire movers, I can't set up utilities, and the vacation time that Matt and I both took this week is completely wasted. And. If we don't get loan approval in the next couple days, we will be homeless on September 1st. No really, I'm not joking. Okay, yes, I'm sure someone in our family would take us in, but seriously, we wont have a home. We have to be out of this duplex on September 1st, no exception.
I'm not going to go into the whole story, all I can say is that I know we will be approved, but because of a couple of issues along the way (read: I should have submitted my self-employment income from previous 2 years but didn't think it factored in since I'm no longer self-employed, but I was wrong), that answer has become incredibly delayed (how's that for a run-on sentence!) So once they factored it in, we were over the income limit for the loan we were going for. And the next loan, well it requires a higher credit score. And guess what? We miss the mark by ONE point. One. Uno. Singular. So over two weeks ago, we did what we were told to do to supposedly raise the score by about 19 points. What we're waiting on now is for all three credit bureaus to manually recompute the score...and they've been working on that for 9 business days now. Come on people! Ooops, I guess I pretty much told the whole story anyway...

So yeah, I'm freaking out, to say the least. I'm a nervous wreck, and a total bitch. I'm mostly taking it out on the cat. (Don't worry, I'm not abusing her or anything, just being bitchy). She's a bitch most of the time, so I figure she has it coming. Call it payback for what she did to Addy.

No comments:

Post a Comment