Sunday, July 3, 2011

Why a trip to IKEA is in my future

It's a mini-kitchen for Addison to play with!!!!!!!!!!! A dear friend of mine just posted a pic of her little boy using this, and I've decided we have to have it some day. I wanted to get the Fisher Price kitchen - you know, big bulky plastic thing covered in primary colors. Okay, so I'm a little selfish, and I like my surroundings to be nice, with neutral and earth tone colors, so the thought of having that big bulky brightly colored plastic kitchen in my house kinda made me gag a little. But, in the interest of developing my child on a healthy level, I was gonna get it anyway. But THIS!!!!!! This is freaking awesome! I can encourage role playing and imagination, all while continuing to enjoy my surroundings?!?! IKEA, you're my new best friend.

3 comments:

  1. I agree this is the awesomest kitchen I have seen. I love how real and grownup it looks - what kid wouldn't love it? We had one of the awful plastic ones for awhile and I got sick of it & gave it to goodwill. I have never been to IKEA and have been dying to go... if you need a co-pilot I'd love to join you on a trip there sometime. Or we could even take my van, and leave the seats behind so we'd have lots of room to haul stuff home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. OMG I just looked it up and the price is not bad at all - I thought it would be way more! Damn, now I want one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see this until now or I would've posted earlier. This kitchen is AWESOME! Owen loves it, it's freaking adorable, AND it grows with them. The silver feet on the bottom come off so he can play with it now, and we'll just put them back on as he grows taller. The pots and pans and other cooking utensils are also must haves. I couldn't be happier with it.

    ReplyDelete