Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Product Review: Alano Flip-It Travel System

Matt and I didn't spend too much time looking for the right stroller - seriously, one night at Burlington Coat Factory while picking out our bedding, we took a quick glance at the strollers and immediately picked the one we wanted. Within five minutes, we had agreed that we would get the Alano Flip-It Travel System by Graco. It seemed smaller and more compact than the others on the floor, and it seemed easy enough to operate. It also has a neat feature that allows you to flip the handle, so the baby can either face you or face out.



Now that I've been using the carseat and stroller for eight months, I feel qualified enough to give my review.

Overall Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

Pros:
  • Easy to open and collapse (after a little practice)
  • Lightweight and very easy to maneuver
  • Zippered pouch on the backside is very handy
  • Safety straps on the stroller are easy to use and adjust
  • Handles on both the infant carrier and stroller are comfortable
  • Assembly was relatively easy
  • Nice price point (at Burlington Coat Factory)
Cons:
  • Cup holder hanging off the side gets it the way, and I'm constantly bumping it into things
  • When the handle is flipped, the stroller is very difficult to steer, and you have to walk at an awkward distance behind it to stay clear of the wheels
  • Sun shade on stroller does not block very much of the sun
  • Straps on the infant carrier are difficult to adjust
I wanted a stroller that I would feel comfortable pushing, and also not feel like an idiot fumbling with it trying to get it out of the car and ready for baby. I'm happy with the purchase, but I do kind of wish we would have spent more time looking at different features. Now that I've been around some other strollers, and know a little more about traveling with a baby, I would probably pick a different one if I did it over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment