"...a house that's about 1800 square feet, with a 2-car attached garage, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a large kitchen with lots of counter space, a nice deck, a big back yard, a woodburning fireplace, and a red front door, all for $120,000 or less."
Since then, we have looked at 22 houses. We put an offer on one in Wadsworth, but it was declined. Last night, we put an offer on a house in Copley - well, technically, it's Akron, but it's Copley-Fairlawn school systems, so major bonus right there. Here's how it stacks up to my wish list:
- 1800 Square Feet - WIN - it's got a whopping 2200 Square Feet!
- 2 car attached garage - WIN - and it's oversized, with access leading to a bonus room above the garage
- 4 bedrooms - (almost) WIN - 3 bedrooms, with a finished room above the garage, plumbed for a bathroom
- 2.5 bathrooms - LOSS - it's got 2 full bathrooms, but see comments on #3
- Kitchen - WIN - freaking awesome open kitchen with an island and stainless steel appliances
- Nice deck - (sorta) WIN - it's decent, kind of small, we're in negotiations to have it redone
- Big back yard - MAJOR WIN - the lot is the last house on a dead end street, completely private huge back yard surrounded by trees
- Woodburning fireplace - WIN - how about two of them? Yeppers.
- A red front door - LOSS - but it's a nice front door anyway
- All for $120,000 or less - LOSS - it's on the market for $134K but we offered less, along with a list of items to repair/replace/install/etc.
So, cross everything you've got - fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes, shoelaces, gonads. Whatever you've got. I want this house.