Thursday, June 2, 2011

This is how much I hate bees

This week has been an absolutely lovely week. Addison and I have taken a walk in the morning for three days in a row! We live on a street that ends in a cul-de-sac, and on one side of the street, three other cul-de-sacs jut off of it. We walk down all three of them and then loop back around home. It's mostly flat, with a few extended inclines/declines, particularly on the cul-de-sacs. The whole trip is a comfortable 1.5 miles.

We usually walk the side of the street with the cul-de-sacs first, but today I decided to save them for last. As I was on the final stretch of the third cul-de-sac, I felt a tickle on my arm. I look down and see that a bee has landed on my arm. Without thinking, I throw my arms up in the air, try to brush off the bee even though I really don't want to touch it or piss it off, and scream like a little girl. Meanwhile, since my arms are flailing about like a cheerleader on speed, Addy's stroller just goes rolling away, down one of the extended declines, and into the grass. Towards the street of course. So there I was, looking like a total idiot, chasing my baby in a stroller down the sidewalk. Luckily, the grass slowed her down and the episode ended without incident. I'm laughing hysterically at myself and how silly the whole thing must have looked, when I get to the top of the cul-de-sac and see a man outside, who had clearly witnessed the whole thing. And who was it? Remember the guy that offered the first lesson in politeness to Addison? Yeah....he wasn't laughing.

So there ya have it - my first "I'm a total idiot" mommy moment. We both survived, I didn't get stung, and I can already laugh about it. I'd call that a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment