Monday, May 2, 2011

There's a pep in my step

This new life of mine? It's pretty damn amazing. It's everything I never knew I always wanted. It's the purpose to my life that I've been searching for since I was thirteen. And sorry Folgers, but the best part of waking up is not the coffee in my cup (although that is an extremely close second-best) - it's experiencing the joy that Addison expresses when she sees my face for the first time each day.

This is what I've become, and I love it - I'm the person who offers to hold another's baby at a wedding reception so they can eat their meal. I'm the woman that smiles at super cheesy Mother's Day commercials. I'm the one who's laughing at the kid throwing a tantrum in the store because I know it's just a phase. I'm a mom. I'm the best mom that I can be.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're here, at this place now - so happy for you! It's such good stuff. BTW, happy Half-Year Anniversary of Becoming a Mom on Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete