Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day doesn't get better than this

First, Addy slept through the night and woke up around 8:30 - awesome. Second, Matt cooked me a tasty breakfast of french toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon - super awesome. Third, I finally got my hair cut for the first time since October - also awesome. Fourth, while I was gone, Matt sent a text to let me know Addy left me a mother load of a present in her diaper - more awesomeness. And we rounded out the afternoon with a nice stroll at the park - awe-to-the-some. Just when I thought my first Mother's Day couldn't get any better, Addy gave an encore performance...





Her SECOND poop of the day! This is what happens when a baby who is fed an anti-constipation diet doesn't poop for five days. The smell was, um, interesting. So today she got her first middle-of-the-day bath...


...in her awesome new duck bathtub! This was my very first impulse buy since she was born; I picked it up just the other day at Target for $11.49. It's duck bill quacks when you squeeze it (so cute!). And it has a temperature indicator that changes color if the water is too hot. She loves, loves, loves it!

So yeah, my first Mother's Day was pretty legendary. Happy Mother's Day to all the other mothers out there! I hope your day was just as awesome as mine!

P.S. Don't judge me for my dirty bathtub and tile.

2 comments:

  1. WELCOME! Isn't Motherhood grand?!?!

    LOVE the ducky tub pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Poop Batman!!! I'm thinking blackmail in about 16 years... :)

    Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad your day was awesome!

    ReplyDelete