Monday, April 11, 2011

You'll be seeing less of me

Wow, where did last week go? I think it flew right out the window, along with our typical daily routine! It's true what they say - as soon as you get used to a baby's schedule, they change it up. Two months ago, the loss of control would have found me bitching up a storm and probably running away crying, but now I'm all "Meh, that's life...gotta roll with the punches, go with the flow, whatever".  Actually, I'm kind of - dare I say it - enjoying the challenge of settling into a different routine, all the while knowing that it too will be temporary.

Last week was my longest absence from writing a blog post since I started in January. I had been truly proud of myself for how often I was able to post, and secretly, a little bit, it made me feel like supermom. I was taking care of Addy, staying on top of the dishes and general tidiness of the house, enjoying my cup of coffee in solitude, and finding time almost on a daily basis to write. Posting on the blog had became a very important outlet for me to organize my thoughts, as well as a tool to facilitate in controlling my moods. But now that I feel more stable, there's less conflict in my head to conjure up material for a blog post. So last week, I began to focus a little more attention on other areas, and writing blogs was moved to the bottom of the to-do list. Pair that with Addy changing up the routine on me, and I found zero time to write.

I presume that posting once a week (in addition to Totally Cute Tuesdays) will become the norm for me. I'll try my best to make them count (-;

No comments:

Post a Comment