Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crankypants

Today was NOT a fun day. A certain tiny human decided she wasn't taking a nap today, no way, no way, no way. She woke up at 7:20 this morning and never went back to bed. I tried, oh boy did I try. But nope, there's way too much fun stuff to see in the world, napping is overrated. So when it came time for her 1:00 pediatrician visit, complete with her 4-month vaccinations, she cried the whole time. The. whole. time. The good news - she fell asleep in the carseat on the way home. The super good news - she's very healthy, growing wonderfully, and has excellent motor skill development.

Addison was a crankypants because she missed her nap, but I'm a crankypants because the return of my menstrual cycle has been horrific. The bleeding only lasted two days, not bad. But on Tuesday night, I began to feel rather crappy. I had a severe headache, constant nausea, went from shivering to pouring sweat, and my ovaries were very achy. On Wednesday, Matt stayed home from work to care for Addy and I slept as much as possible. I called off work Wednesday night. I still feel crappy today, but the nausea is gone, and that's what puts me out of commission. So I'm functioning today, but with a side effect of crankypants.

No comments:

Post a Comment