Sunday, January 9, 2011

Procrastinator is my middle name

I created this blog nearly 3 months ago as I was nearing the end of my pregnancy. My intent was to document life with a baby, a concept that I still had not fully come to terms with. I was hoping that one day I could look back on it with a different perspective, and maybe come to appreciate this gift of life I had created, if I hadn't yet gotten to that point. Now I can only laugh at myself because I actually thought I'd have the time to blog about life with a baby!

Addison is two months old now, and as I begin to slightly feel myself emerge from under the black cloud of adjusting to this new life, I really do wish I had those blog entries to look back on. They would have been brutally honest, raw, very dark, and probably would have made me seem like the worst mother on the planet. But I don't doubt for a second that I'm not alone as a new mother in feeling all the emotions I have.

So I'm going to try my best at blogging about life with a baby, which is mostly eating, pooping, and sleeping (and a lot of crying for both of us). I don't promise to entertain or elicit emotions from anyone reading this. I don't think that I'm a good writer, and I don't expect anyone else to think I am either. I want to continue this blog for myself, and for Addison. So here goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment